Button Party!

Monday, February 2, 2009


Last night my son and I attended an EtsyRAIN hosted button making party. We had soooo much fun! My son made buttons to put onto his classmate's valentines (more on that later this week) and I made mirrors of some of my images.

I was pleased to see that Robbie was a master at the button machine so he'll be able to help me when I do decide on a size. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what size maker I want. I am now leaning toward the 3" as I have access to a 1" and 2.25" (and possibly a 1.5"). But I won't bore you with my latest internal debate.

I've decided to try a few of these mirrors (these mirrors are 2.25") in my shop and at shows to see how they do. I'll probably post a few mirrors with a few of my original drawings and see what type of response I get. My problem is which images to use. I chose 3 new images for the mirrors that I'm only semi confident in (although I love the hedgehog).

I think I'm still several weeks from getting anything in my shop... but I couldn't wait to share these with everyone. They are really fun. My next step is to figure out a sleeve to put them in. I think I'm going to try using some of the upholstery and fabric samples that I have. My goal will be to make them with recycled fabrics.

I think one of the best surprises of the night for me was Rebecca, the owner of ButtonMakers.net, was there to share her wisdom. It was great to get some feedback on sizing directly from her. You can bet I'll keep everyone posted on my final decision!

2 comments:

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) February 2, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Oh! I never got to see your finished mirrors! SOOO cute!! Looks like you "need" a button maker now ;)

Unknown February 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

yes, these are sooo cute!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP