Another Birthday!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Today I celebrate another birthday - this year, 36. This year it doesn't feel as great as it did at 35. This year I now have two stores that I'm unsure of their future and both stores were decently successful. It is a little sad.
So I'm trying to look at this year as a new beginning. For what - I'm not really sure yet. I figure it'll come to me one of these days. I have plenty of things that I'd like to do... of course, I'm not sure how many I'll accomplish. I'll post a partial list here in the hopes that it will help motivate me to complete them.
1. Finish the Scrapdown quilt (I'm sure this will happen)
2. Sew the duvet cover for our bedroom that I've had planned in my mind for over a year now
3. Have a fence built around the backyard so that the kids can play out there without me (this will require my extra income - so we'll see what happens)
4. Paint a wall or two in the house and hang something on the walls (I think it's time after 3 years in the house)
5. Change all our light bulbs over to energy efficient
6. Put extra lighting in my work space
These are all things that would make me happy to complete - but don't really have to be done in order for this house to keep running. There are, of course, plenty of other things that need to be done that aren't necessarily for me - but for the family. This year though, I'm going to work on doing a few things for myself... this will be my gift to myself.
** Button in picture was made by a great Etsy shop, Hasenpfeffer. You can buy them here.
2 comments:
Happy, happy birthday! Been thinking of you today. Hope your birthday has been wonderful and full of happy kid-kisses and hugs.
xo
Laurie
Happy Birthday, Kayce!
Sorry I missed it. I hope you have a wonderful day and a little time to relax. I know what you mean about not feeling a great as the year before. I think 38 was the one that really shook me up. lol
Julia
Post a Comment