Over the weekend

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Over the weekend, the kids went into work with my husband while I got a day with friends to have a little fun, recoup from a long week, and prepare for another one. My husband requested that I pack the kids a bento lunch. It was an excellent idea as a bento lunch, in itself, can occupy the kids for up to an hour (we have slow eaters).

I decided to make this more of a snacking bento than a full meal. I figure the kids were more likely to eat it all if it looked like a huge snack. I was right.

Contents: First container - grapes, kabob with cheddar cheese cubes and rolled pepperoni, jelly tortilla roll cut into pieces and raisins. Second container - honey roasted peanuts, string, Ritz crackers, string cheese and carrots.

I thought I did a decent job of including all the food groups on short notice. It also made me feel better while I was out having lunch with my friends, knowing that the kids were eating well too. While I'm not sure how much work my husband was able to complete, they had a great time and I got some much needed time away.

As I am watching my small business crumble around me, it's making it even more obvious that I wasn't taking any time to myself. I really need to try to do that more this year... so to start, I'm having friends over for dinner (of course, another one of them is cooking :)). Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP