Keep my mind off things
Monday, January 19, 2009
I've been going through stages with this CPSIA and how I'm dealing with it. First, it was anger - then it was sadness. Now, I'm in denial. I just don't want to think about it. I don't want anything to do with it. I have tons of things that I still need to post to the stores... and I just don't want to.
So, I've been looking for other things to keep my mind off of it. I embellished a dress for Lyssie and made her a matching cap. I initially set out to extend the length of the dress - didn't really like anything I came up with and then settled on the crochet fringe - which didn't extend the length at all. Oh well! It was a fun exercise. I also made up the pattern to that skull cap and will try to write it out and post it.
I've also been working out an idea that I've had for a while now. I drink a lot of water in bed... and this leaves a ton of empty plastic bottles sitting on my night stand. So, I decided to come up with something to do with them... well, at least the caps. I ended up making pin cushion rings. They are fun to make, I think they are really cute and they really work! You can wear it while you are laying out a pattern or wear it as you are sewing and put the pins in it as you go. They are great and I hope to be offering them in my On A Whimm store soon. Yay for something that doesn't fall under the CPSIA umbrella!
Tomorrow, the kids and I will be celebrating the Presidential Inauguration. I'm looking forward to it... even though I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing. Whatever we do, I'll try to remember to take pictures. It really is a momentous occasion.
0 comments:
Post a Comment