Happy New Year!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Every year, the kids each get a new stocking made by their grandma. I use the previous years stockings for decorations and their new ones are hung above the fireplace.

Each stocking has little reminders of what made the year special for each kid. This year, the stockings were extra fancy. As you can see in the photo, Mario has prime placement on their stocking as the kids just can't seem to get enough of Mario Cart... or Robbie can't and Lyssie is forced to play along. Lyssie's stocking also includes a few cooking references for her love of pretend cooking, dinosaurs... because she loves them too and lots of fairies among other things. Robbie's has dinosaurs, plenty of animals and sushi among his many other interests.

I can't wait to see what this New Year will bring in their development, interests and phases :)

I hope everyone had a safe New Years eve and I hope this New Year brings good health - good fortune - and many blessings.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com January 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM  

Do you save the old stockings?

Seems like a fun tradition.

' January 2, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

We do keep the old stockings, I use them for decoration in the house... we love to look back at the previous years stockings to see the things they enjoyed then. I'm sure as they get older, those things will differ more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP