Beginnings

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Remember Haiku Monday? Well, Laurie who does it on her blog has been sick for pretty much all of December and into January. This is the problem of being home all day with a sick kid. You just pass it back and forth. I should know, we did the same thing.

Anyhow, her last post presented "beginnings" as the topic for the next Haiku. It's a harder subject for me and so pushed it to the back of my mind.

Then all of the CPSIA "stuff" (please vote by clicking the icon to the right if you haven't already) came up and I've been forced to think about new beginnings. Unless I want to open myself up to liability (which I don't), I'll need to close my stores at least temporarily. And I'm trying to not think of it as an ending to something that we put a lot of time, effort and money into... but I'm trying to think of it as the possibility for a new beginning.

So, while I push forward with my efforts against this legislation... and I work to prepare myself for compliance... I have been thinking about a new beginning and what that might be for me.

A new beginning
opportunity for change
good things can still come

dwelling on sadness
a love may come to an end
new one to begin

That's all I have in me for today. My mind is fried. With the CPSIA legislation looming, the deadline for getting rid of all the children's outgrown clothes and toys nearing, taxes, Lyssie's birthday and my husband working extended hours... I'm tapped. When I'm tired, I either become a person of few words... or a person of mean words from frustration. So, I have been keeping to myself mostly as I try to work through all the events in my life. I'm glad I have this blog to share the happy ones.

Oh - and I welcome idea for a Tinkerbell party (where most of her friends are boys).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP