Project for Lyssie

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The other day, for some reason, I had a hard time keeping Lyssie occupied. I was working on clearing the table and making some work space for some friends to come over and craft. So, I decided to set Lyssie up with some glue. A few weeks back I had printed up some leaves off the Internet and cut them out. They were to help her with matching. Once she mastered them though... they quickly lost their appeal. So, I had her make a fall wreath with the leaves.


I armed her with a circle of construction paper, a bowl full of leaves and a glue stick. She had a great time getting glue on every part of each leaf. I have a feeling more glue ended up on the table though - as it took me a bit to scrub it to the point where it was no longer sticky. But she's proud of the end result. I think it was also nice for her to do her own project where she didn't have her brother one-upping her or telling her how she should do it.
The best part is we still have lots of leaves to do another project. I'll be looking around for more ideas - maybe a turkey from leaves??? Can't do rubbings since they aren't real leaves... but perhaps I have have her trace the lines on the leaves. We'll see.
Her artwork now hangs on our door - on the inside though since there is no way it could withstand our current weather trend. Rain with a chance of rain. I'm certain I saw lightening - which means there must have been thunder too. I can't tell you how thankful I am that we are no longer in our old house where the front yard used to flood. We also had to put a pump in the basement because it used to flood too! There's an advantage to living on the top part of a hill.

2 comments:

JodieMo November 13, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

How Cute! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to be trusted with a glue stick.
Another idea with the leaves - She could make a family tree. Make a tree trunk, use the leaves for the top and then paste photos of your family on top of it all. Might be a great gift for Grandma!

Char / Stitchary! November 14, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

That is really, really cute! Lovely idea.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP