Prehistoric Creatures
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
For Robbie's birthday, his best friend Nicolas gave him a prehistoric pet - a Triops. The only Triops we had heard of initially was the one from the They Might Be Giant song, Triops Has Three Eyes from their Here Come the 123's. Anyhow, it's not the same thing... at least in their video - they look much different.



We started out with several eggs. We (I) followed the strict directions to get these things to hatch... and we ended up with 3 for several weeks. Then the two larger ones - ate their sibling. This morning, I woke up to another one half eaten. I guess I wasn't feeding them enough - the directions do mention that they can become cannibalistic. Oops! So, I thought I'd snap a picture of Robbie's prehistoric creatures before this one perishes from my inability to feed them regularly.
I'm not so sure I'm fond of the Triops species... but I do highly recommend the Triops Has Three Eyes, They Might Be Giants song.
1 comments:
the first thing that came to mind when i saw these, was the movie, "the faculty"...the little creatures on the movie turn people into alien 'pod people' like on some sci-fi movie. i know, a little creepy! lol!
Post a Comment