Sizing
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I've been juggling display ideas for both my stores; World of Whimm and NueToMe (On A Whimm does still exist - just online though). I went out yesterday and bought another canvas to make a sign for NueToMe just like the World of Whimm one (it'll be smaller though). I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find an old canvas that I could just paint over - you know, the whole recycling thing... but I was running out of time.
I also wanted to find something to slip on the hangers for my NueToMe dresses so people could see the sizing at a glance. You know, like in the stores. Yesterday, I went to Creation Station figuring if anyone had something, it would be them... and it would most like be recycled. I had made it through the entire visit (about 45 minutes) without finding anything that would work. A little discouraged, but still hopeful, I asked them during check out if they had anything they thought might work. The owner is fabulous and came up with the plastic ties that come on your bread (or they used to). They are perfect and recycled! I don't get out of the house often, but I insisted that we (the kids and myself) get a few errands out of the way. After all, I had been running so low on thread that it had started affecting what I could sew. I was happy to see that Joann's had thread on sale and I stocked up! But it's always painful when the thread alone makes up for half the amount you spend.
I found other great things on our outing - more buttons (the kids and I can't get enough!), some more sample containers for play dough (the free gift I hope to give with purchases - play dough from ItsMadeAtHome), pipe cleaners for an activity for the kids, the plastic ties, some paint for the sign, the canvas, and a few other little goodies. The most exciting part of the outing though, was using my new Tote2Go bags! Not only were they sturdier than those plastic bags, but they had my kids excited about carrying them! (I'm not sure why Blogger has chosen to rotate my photo. It was taken landscape, it shows up landscape in all my programs... but Blogger is convinced it needs to be portrait... a bit annoying).
These Tote2Go bags really are genius! Marlo has thoroughly thought the design through. Two bags that fold into themselves... and once you've folded them into the pocket... you end up with a cute little wristlet type package because a handle pops out of nowhere! Okay, it isn't nowhere - it's cleverly hidden in the pocket. Genius! You've got to get one of these things!

2 comments:
great idea about the bread tags and thanks for writing about Creation Station. Looks like a wonderful store to visit -your post is the first I've heard of it.
Bread ties for sizing! That is genius! Super cute too :)
I'm so glad you like your Tote2Go! bags! Thanks for mentioning them...I'm working on more for the Mill Creek show!
Post a Comment