I never win!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yay for me! I had a pretty good day today... a play date for the kids, some time to myself, a new cool mug... and the winner of a raffle! I never win... and I couldn't have won from a better group ~ EtsyMud (pottery).


I think I'm starting to get addicted to Etsy mugs. I bought my first one the other day from LASDesigns (the one I received today) and I couldn't be happier with it. I'll be watching her store for more. I especially love the bumps... they feel great when you cup the mug... I'm sure it'll feel even better when it's got some nice warm tea in it. My other favorite feature of this mug is that it was an "oops" mug... meaning, it wasn't up to her high standards. I love it - the glaze didn't cover the entire mug... and that's why I love it. It reminds me of my grandfather's pottery. Really, the whole fact that it's a little imperfect is what reminds me of his pottery. All the family members ended up with the pieces that didn't quite work out (a goblet that leans a little, a vase that has a crack and doesn't hold water, a pot that got smashed a little)... and I think they are the best! Seeing his pottery (and any pottery that reminds me of his) brings back some of my fondest memories from childhood. I miss my grandpa... but I'm glad that I have things around me that remind me of him.
Can't wait to see what I won in the raffle... I'm really hoping it's another cool mug!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP