First Blood

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I've been sewing like crazy lately making all my t-shirt creations... and thankfully they've been well received. Yippee! It's so fun and rewarding to make something new from something old.

But, I think I started to get a little careless. On Friday... I had my first incident. I was cutting out the binding for one of the dresses and sliced my finger. I think the nail is what stopped the blade. Oh... and I had just changed the blade in my rotary cutter... so it was nice and sharp. At least that meant minimal pain... but tons of blood! I couldn't get it to stop long enough to get a band-aid one... so again, my 5 year old son had to come to the rescue. Robbie helped me bandage it so the bleeding would stop. I looked at it this morning and it's not pretty. It's fairly deep.

My husband's first question... did I get blood on what I was working on (caring right?... really, he was concerned about me). But no, I didn't get blood on anything. I hate cleaning messes, so of course, my first reaction was to go directly to the sink.
To much information? Sorry, I really like to share gory details... and I tried to keep it mild.

My finger is not so happy with me. I was sewing this morning and it seems that it automatically tucks itself in when I am sewing. It's totally involuntary. It makes it difficult to sew since it's my index finger and it's the one I use to feed the fabric through. I can't really blame my finger. After all, if the tip of my finger is it's head... then I slit it's throat - nearly decapitate it - haha!

Okay, enough rambling about my injury. Here are a few of the things I made these past two days. The green one already sold. Yippee!

3 comments:

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) June 2, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

eeeew! :P If I were your finger, I'd hide too! hahahaah!! You're livin' my nightmare, kc...I don't use rotary cutters for that very reason! yuck.

Woven Chains June 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Rotary cutters can be wicked, Kayce! I'm really glad to hear you are okay. I've nicked myself a few times, and it is no fun.

Be careful. Your fingers are way too talented to hide for too long.

Trina

katy June 9, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

how did i miss seeing these dresses last time i looked at your blog? DARLING!!!!!! you are brilliant!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP