He's a professional
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Robbie made it into the Etsy Children's Gift Guide with his silly photo modeling one of the crowns. It's a bit exciting to have made it somewhere on Etsy other than just my store. It means potentially more traffic without the big effort. Of course, I'm not sure how many people shop the gift guides this time of the year.
Anyhow, that photo was up for debate a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure if I should have made it my first photo since the crown is a little out of focus and he is sticking his tongue out at us. But I think it's a fun shot. So I was torn. I took my dilemma to the forum on Etsy and asked their opinions. While there were maybe one or two that were a little offended by it, most responses were positive and loved the whole series of pictures.
It isn't often that I get Robbie to sit down and take pictures for me. He is usually preoccupied and just wants to hurry and finish. With that listing, I captured him actually having fun. I think that's what makes the picture... and probably why it got picked for the Gift Guide (not to mention that my crowns totally rock!).
I'm always hoping to capture more of those fun photos... unfortunately when you have them model over a hundred things, they are bound to get tired of it. It's an ongoing challenge that I'm definitely up for.
1 comments:
I don't know about everyone in the world getting it, but I just saw your shop and it brought back fond memories of the dress-up items my mum sewed for me and my sister as kids. We've both grown up to be creative, artistic young adults, creative play time back then did us a world of good. I hope you do well at your next show, because imagination is certainly something that's worth getting!
Post a Comment