Scribbles? or Art?

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lately, our daughter has been obsessed with drawing on her Magna-Doodle. While I love this toy (it's been a life saver on more than one occasion), I also have a strong dislike toward it as I can't save any of the masterpieces!


Lyssie is two... and several weeks ago, she came home from a friend's house with a paper plate in hand. Her friend's mom saved the plate because Lyssie had drawn a happy face on it. Now, I love my daughter's drawings, but I was a bit skeptical. After all, we adults have a tendancy to want to make sense of scribbles. But I took a look at the drawing and couldn't believe it. These weren't random scribbles.

Fast forward to a week ago.. Lyssie started picking up her Magna-Doodle again and forcing her grandparents to draw with her. After a week of drawing with her Papa and Nana, she became quite skilled at drawing people and turtles. Of course, this was all on the Magna-Doodle and she would erase them before I could snap a quick photo.

But within the last two days... she's finally started doing them on paper! I'm very excited to show them off here. I think they are wonderful (I know, I'm her mom, so I am a bit biased) and can't wait to see where she goes from here! Click on the photo of her drawing and you can see the images on her paper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP