I Surrender!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Tonight, I officially dropped out of one of my mom's groups. It's been probably 4 months since I've really made it to a meet-up and I don't see it improving anytime soon. Since I've begun selling on Etsy, my time is spent very differently now.


Conversing with mothers while chasing my daughter around the playground wasn't really my thing anyhow. I think after a 2 hours playdate, I'll have said maybe 10 words to 3 people. Unless you are in a confined space, I don't find toddler park playdates condusive to meeting others. But I guess that's just me. I suppose it was different with my son. I wasn't concerned he'd take a flying leap off the side of the slide or kamikaze off the top of the monkey bars.

So 2008 is already starting to take form. I'm certain I'll be very busy with the business, my son's schooling (current and future), and juggling the entertainment of my children with the responsibilities of a parent.

On a side note, my workspace is coming together very nicely. All furniture is in place and I'm half way through organizing. I just hope there is room for all that I need. Next will be the office. We are moving my husband's office upstairs to the guest room and we will need more shelves there for all his reference and drawings.
Here is a very before picture of the workspace... yep, I can only go up from there! Well, it could have become worse. In fact, this photo was taken after we had already moved a computer armoire out of the way. Imagine all the things I was able to stack on that baby!


Yes, I know... I should have been ashamed!

1 comments:

katy January 9, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

hee hee, i think we all have a room that looks like that! i finally cleaned up my work corner right before I had house guests who would be staying in the same room as my corner. i'll be checking back to see your ikea finds and updated work space. i'm interested in getting some shelving myself.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP