Focus on photos
Friday, January 11, 2008
I know, I know, I'm supposed to share photos of my work area... but as soon as I have a few inches of work space, I started working. So, it's still not ready for a photo. But speaking of photos, I've decided that it's high time I focus on getting some decent photos in my shop. The shop is starting to look a little unprofessional and I think it has a lot to do with my quick snap shots that really don't show off the item.
So, I'm changing it up. I've decided to work on a flat surface (no more fabric) to see if it makes the picture a little sharper. My thought behind this is that I'm using fabric for my item, so the picture should be taken on something more solid so it can stand out. I'm not sure if my reasoning was correct, or if I just got lucky... but I like how my first few came out. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the costumes and the uncooperative models. That one has me a bit stumped.
So here is the before and after. What do you think?


4 comments:
I love love love your new photo "style"! Very "Etsy"...you know how I love that. I can't wait to see how your new workspace turns out! I'm still working on mine...I should be done by the end of the year...hehe!
new pic is MUCH better - clearer, sharper just as you intended. like the diamond props - nice touch! I need to overhaul my photos too, so many of them are dark. problem now is a model. Don't have a baby anymore - she's a toddler. hmmmm.
Ooh, the second is so much nicer, and the extra props are wonderful! :)
each has it's own feel to it...the second one is great for a selling photo...the first is nice for a blog and sort of dreamy looking.
Post a Comment